Saturday, October 08, 2005

The journey back

Away

I guess two weeks was a little short and as you say all good things must come to an end sooner or later. It felt like I've barely touched down and now I've to pack again to leave. It's been nice, I don't think I'll get a chance to sleep in or skip church or drive out and eat my favourite meals whenever I want anytime soon again. It was hectic I must say, within a fortnight I've had to travel up and down to the point that I'm so darn sick of it, catching the flight from Kota Kinabalu to Kuala Lumpur, flying back to Kuantan, driving down Kl and back again and tomorrow hitching the bus down to Kl again for my Sunday flight back. If anyone notices an idiot lugging around a giant Polo suit case through Masjid Jamek station tomorrow along with other bags and stuff you can be assured it's yours truly. I'm sure it is going to be hell trying to lug luggage from Pekeliling on the Star Line and later transferring to Putra to get to Taman Bahagia, I'm shuddering to figure out how I'm going to squeeze into the overloaded train carriages. Yikes, wished I had more time, time does pass by so fast to the point that I'm rushing to complete all the things I wanted to do when I got back, to the point that I've only managed to get a taste of my favourite cendol tonight, sob I'm going to miss all the good eats back here, can't really find decent rojak and stuff back in Sabah. There's still so much to do here and it's going to be a while before I return, some last minute tidying up of my room (which in my father's own words is a perpetual state of a dump) and some packing. Well so long room, so long nice comfy spring mattress, so long airconditioning (waaahhhh!!!), so long dog, etc etc. So bye for now to Kuantan.

No comments: