Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Okonomiyaki

Okonomiyaki01

The view of the open kitchen of the Hiroshima Okonomiyaki stall.

There are countless Japanese food that I've heard of but never had a chance to indulge it. From all those anime we often see Parfait with their varying themes and flavours, of takoyaki (there's a stall here in Damai but there aren't any octopuses in them so I don't think that counts) or any other assortment of delictibles. Well I finally managed to try some okonomiyaki (which I've been fanthoming what it was ever since I first heard about it from Ranma 1/2) when I was down in Kl. Went to this little shop, Hiroshima Okonomiyaki, down in Low Yat Plaza and got to taste it. Not bad, its different with the egg and dough fried with noodles in the middle and basted with a sweet hot sauce and washed down with herbal green tea. Well next time I drop down that part of town again I'll remember to try it again.

Okonomiyaki

Here is a closeup of the cook while she was preparing the noodles for the okonomiyaki. It's always nice to be able to see how your food is being prepared, unless of course the kitchen looks like it is one step to being condemned which in this case is far from it.

No comments: