Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Degrees for sale

Ad Posted by Hello

Talk about fast, just after the Star's exclusive investigative report on online degrees for sale, this little ad pop up in my mailbox. I wonder how do you tell if one is a fake from the real one. Do they have namesake of universities that are not in existance or is there a huge "fake" wording in the cert? Figure that the syndicates sense that exposure is not too bad a deal as it helps for make people aware that such schemes exist and it's just free advertising for them. Any publicity is good publicity. No need for colleges and universities to spend oodles of money to publicize their courses, the media is doing that for them. Wonder why I'm working so hard and paying my way through a master's program when in fact I can log on an obtain a degree instantly! Well they could even for a tidy sum arrange a 'graduation' ceremony including a chancelor to officiate! Wow is there nothing in this world that can't be counterfeited? My, money can buy anything nowadays.

1 comment:

fishtail said...

Looks like the prices of fake degrees have dropped. Less than 4 years ago, I was offered a PhD for US$2000 (no ceremony, no handshake, no photograph). Today, it's much less (ceremony and all). Inflation? What inflation?