Sunday, March 13, 2005

Aunt Lilian's batton passing

Hello Auntie Lilian! Thanks for picking me, never thought anyone would even remember little old me :D So to sate your curiosity here goes nothing;

1. What is the total amount of music files on your computer?

A better question to ask would be which hard disk are you referring to. On my main drive in my laptop total music files amount to 10G give or take 100 bytes. On my external 120G drive my total collection will stretch to 50G. Mostly all curi from my ex roomies and other mangsa that happens to have their com nearby.

2. The CD you last bought?

Mmm the last one that I bought would be Rachel Stevens ‘Funky Dory’ for Laura as a birthday present but if you’re referring to me treating myself, well it’s a cetak rompak ‘Lord of the Rings: Return of the King’ soundtrack CD. In my lifetime only really bought 5 original CD, so mahal lah RM40 plus for one, pokai! But set my sights on Phantom of the Opera: the movie soundtrack (can’t seem to find it anywhere, figures when you really want something and have the cash to pay for it tiada pulak!)

3. What was the last song you listened to before reading this message?

Greenday’s “Avenue of Broken Dreams”, that thing has been playing on the radio for ages and somehow seeped into my mind and won’t stop playing in my head.

4. Write down five songs that you often listen to or that means a lot to you.

Oooo hard one so many to choose mmmm….

Do you hear the people sing (written by Andrew Lloyd Webber) : Been a fan of operas for a long time, still think that Les Miserables is one of the best among the few I’ve had a chance to see. The song really evoked a feeling of how life was in France when revolutionaries were trying to get freedom, liberty and justice. Never tire of it. Tough one to choose among the other operatic composotions out there, a close second would be Memory.

Air Supply, Making love out of nothing at all: Call me a sentimentalist but I love the group. Always kena hantuk and being called old fashion because of my liking for groups such as Bee Gees and Kenny Rogers. This was one of the most played songs when I was facing my break up with my ex. Got it real bad for love songs then, helped me a lot when I needed to work and the music replaced the constant self pitying and depression then.

We are one (from the soundtrack of the Lion King 2: Simba's Pride): The lyrics really meant something to me especially about accepting differences and about the bond that cements people together no matter what the hardship. Also significant because it was one of the few songs I actually managed to remember the lyrics and sing without the sheet.

Enya, May it be: Still think it should’ve won for the Oscars. Loved Enya after being introduced by Adrian. Her songs are often different and with a kind of hypnotic spell on them, plus I’m a bit of a nut for Celtic after hearing Riverdance.

Savage Garden, Two beds and a coffee machine: One of the better songs I liked from the group, also because it was introduced to me by someone dear to me once. Though I realise the content of the song is a bit depressing, somehow it just stuck.

5. Who are you going to pass this stick to (3 persons) and why?

Mmm 3 people well, this is tough since I don’t know who has and has not gone through the process. A would like to scrape a lot of people’s brain and see what music makes them tick but if its three well here goes;

Adrian: Not many people would register this guy as he NEVER pings PPS, but he is one heck of a guy and his posts will tickle the best of bloggers out there. So passing the baton to you even if I can guess what your preferences are since I’ve been living with him the past 3 years and us group of 3 often find our contending songs being played simultaneously (often Adrian won cause he was the only one to have an Altec speaker before we got ours). Plus I know you hate fowards so just wanting to irritate you ;) At least you have something to do in Japan instead of just boozing yourself silly.

Pok Ku: Don’t know if anyone has asked him or not, if not do notify him that I would like to see what this Pakcik from Terengganu listens to, maybe his tastes are not so foreign from us youngsters as we would like to think.

Peter Tan: Someone I've always wished to meet up with and regreting not being able to make to all those Blogger meet ups. A very uplifting person that inspires me a lot in my everyday life by.

So here you have it, now let the chain curse be passed on mmuuuaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!

2 comments:

Peter said...

Kervin,
Thank for having me in your thoughts but I am gonna pass and break the chain. :) Peace.

Kervin said...

bayibhyap: true introspection :D

Peter: No hard feelings, hope you didn't mind me putting you up to it.