Friday, September 28, 2007

Moving about Kota Kinabalu

Taxi02

Taxi are not always the best choice of transport in Kota Kinabalu, they don't have meters (contrary to their sign) and some cheats over charged for short distances. I have met some good drivers, I've lost my wallet (twice) and handphone on separate occasions and on both the honest cabby returned them as they were, one from Kudat even came to my place as I had my address in there and tried to look for me. He waited in Kota Kinabalu the day after when I asked around and the other cabby pointed him out to me near the KK mosque, great man and he didn't ask for anything in return but I gave him something in appreciation. KK is still dominated by what we call bus hantu, small makeshift minivans and old mini buses (ala the terror days of KL) which will stop anywhere and pick up till the seats are full to the brim or even wait it out to the chagrin of the passengers as they wait for fuller seatings before taking off (which may last as long as an hour).

No comments: